I joined IBM in 2015 where I currently hold a senior engineer position at Cracow Software Lab. Beyond engineering, I participate in the University Relations development program and actively follow interns and master students on research-oriented projects.
In parallel of my activities at IBM, I am pursuing a Ph.D. at Poznan University of Technology, under the supervision of Robert Wrembel, in the field of Machine Learning with a focal point on explainability and applied to the justice domain.
I received a master of science degree (diplome d'ingénieur) from the National Institute of Applied Sciences (INSA) in France, where I had the opportunity to work with Inria TAO team (machine learning and optimization), under the supervision of Marc Schoenauer, on the project DESCARWIN funded by the National Agency for Research.
My current research interests span different areas of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence:
- Stochastic Sequence Hypergraphs for classification,
- AutoML & Automated data preparation,
- Application of AI to the justice domain.
Previously I also worked on:
- Online hyperparameter tuning,
- Multiobjective discrete optimization.
I have been part of the Technical Programme Committee of the following workshops and conferences:
- 2019: Data Analytics solutions for Real-LIfe APplications (DARLI-AP) workshop collocated with EDBT/ICDT 2019 Joint Conference.
- Data Pipeline Selection and Optimization Proceedings of the 21th International Workshop on Design, Optimization, Languages and Analytical Processing of Big Data (DOLAP), Lisbon, Portugal, March 26-29, 2019. 2019
- Binary Classification in Unstructured Space With Hypergraph Case-Based Reasoning Information Systems (submitted), 2018
- European Court of Human Right Open Data project Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (submitted), 2018
- AI for the legal domain: an explainability challenge World Computer Congress - Ph.D. Student Research Competition, Pozanan, Poland, September 17-21, 2018. 2018
- Binary Classification With Hypergraph Case-Based Reasoning Proceedings of the 20th International Workshop on Design, Optimization, Languages and Analytical Processing of Big Data (DOLAP), Vienna, Austria, March 26-29, 2018. 2018
- Unsupervised Video Semantic Partitioning Using IBM Watson and Topic Modelling Proceedings of the Workshops of the EDBT/ICDT 2018 Joint Conference (EDBT/ICDT 2018), Vienna, Austria, March 26, 2018. p. 44--49. 2018
- Data Science Techniques for Law and Justice: Current State of Research and Open Problems New Trends in Databases and Information Systems - ADBIS 2017 Short Papers and Workshops, Nicosia, Cyprus, September 24-27, 2017, Proceedings p. 302--312. 2017
- True Pareto Fronts for Multi-objective AI Planning Instances Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial Optimization - 15th European Conference, EvoCOP 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark, April 8-10, 2015, Proceedings p. 197--208. 2015
- Solving Large MultiZenoTravel Benchmarks with Divide-and-Evolve Learning and Intelligent Optimization - 9th International Conference, LION 9, Lille, France, January 12-15, 2015. Revised Selected Papers p. 262--267. 2015
- Grant from the Polish Academy of Science IFIP World Computer Congress PhD Student Research Competition. 2018
- IBM Analytics Hero Award Restlessly reinvent – our company and ourselves. 2018
- IBM Manager’s Choice Award x2 Dare to Create Original Ideas. 2016
- A stochastic framework for justice decisions Ph.D. thesis
- Insertion of adaptive modalities in the mono or multi objectives evolutionary planner Divide-and-Evolve Master thesis
Teaching & Supervision
- Paweł Mróz, Master Thesis Building argumentation framework for machine learning algorithm. 2018-2019
- Paweł Rzonca, Internship Hyperparameter optimization of Split-and-Merge, a semantic partitioning algorithm. 2018
- Theoretical Machine Learning Lectures at IBM Krakow Software Lab Cracow, Poland. 2018
- IBM Watson Services Lectures at Poznan University of Technology (bachelor and master) Poznan, Poland. 2018
- Towards Data Pipeline Optimization (extended) IBM Vitality Talk, Krakow, Poland. 2018
- Towards Data Pipeline Optimization PyData Warsaw 2018, Warsaw, Poland. 2018
- AI for the legal domain: an explainability challenge (extended) IBM Vitality Talk, Krakow, Poland. 2018
- Unsupervised Video Semantic Partitioning Using IBM Watson and Topic Modelling (extended) IBM Vitality Talk, Krakow, Poland. 2018
- Binary Classification with Hypergraph Case-Based Reasoning (extended) IBM Vitality Talk, Krakow, Poland. 2018
- IBM Cobee - Artifical Intelligence Service for Topic Modelling IBM Vitality Talk, Krakow, Poland. 2018
- IBM Watson Services in Scala ScalaSphere, Krakow, Poland. 2017
- Data Science Techniques for Law and Justice: Current State of Research and Open Problems (extended) IBM Vitality Talk, Krakow, Poland. 2017.
- Intelligent Home Automation, combining IoT and Machine Learning KrakYourNet 7, Krakow, Poland. 2016
- CESTAC: Stochastic estimation and control of rounding floatting point errors IBM Vitality Talk, Krakow, Poland. 2016.
- General Parallel File System (GPFS) presentation and administration IBM Vitality Talk, Krakow, Poland. 2016.